After bolting to a 20-2 lead in the first quarter, the Brookfield Central boys basketball team blew out West Allis Hale, 73-45, Saturday.
"We came out with a good tempo in the game," head coach Mark Adams said. "You always try to start well, but the consistency is not always there.
"This is our third game in a row in which we came out with a good tempo, and we were able to maintain it throughout the game."
The Lancers held a 27-8 lead after the first period and expanded that to 47-18 at the half. They coasted from there in the rare Saturday conference matchup.
They placed four players in double figures, with Riley LaChance totaling 17 points, Caleb Mortag and Elijah Goodman 14 each and Brad Newman 11.
"Some players off last year's junior varsity are contributing, and our better players are playing well," Adams said. "You can see the time they spent in the gym. This is making our team stronger."
Central improved to 10-0 on the season, 4-0 in the Greater Metro Conference.
The Lancers visit Milwaukee Vincent at 7 p.m. Saturday, then host Germantown at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 14 in a huge contest. The Warhawks recently set the all-time state record for consecutive victories.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Germantown boys basketball team holds off Brookfield Central, 77-62
- Brookfield Central girls basketball team whips Whitefish Bay, Little Chute
- Brookfield East girls can't overcome poor start
- Brookfield/CMH Stars hockey team wins 2 of 3 at Sheboygan Tournament
- Brookfield Glacier girls hockey team loses, ties, wins in busy weekend
- Brookfield Central boys basketball team drops opener at Waukesha North
- Brookfield Academy: Dec. 3, 2015
- SPORTS NOTES NOV. 19
- Glacier girls hockey to return eight players