It was the Night before Christmas and all through the city, Santa Sky looked around and tried to be witty.
As the Lancers and Spartans were asleep with their dreams, he thought what he could give all their prep teams.
For the Central boy cagers, he thought it'd be great, if Mark Adams' crew could be headed for state.
For the Lancers girls team, I'll make it perfectly clear, may Lydia Rohde have a great senior year.
For Matt Malett's boys team Santa said with a grin, the Spartans will be getting their first conference win.
Mike Goodman's East girls don't need a sweater, but here's hoping their shooting warms up and gets better.
For Central's young wrestlers, they really are humming, when they hit the mat more wins will be coming.
For East wrestler Josh Dempsey, who accumulates pins, a red and blue basket to carry his wins.
For the Stars and the Glacier it sure would be nice, if their play in the New Year is slick as the ice.
Gymnastic coach Kokta, who has never been surly, she won her first match, so Christmas came early.
Barracudas coach Twitchell's coaching is fine, but may his quotes in the future be more than one line.
Todd Sobrilsky and Jeremy Martin both keep the rules and I thank them so much for leading both local schools.
Joy Taylor and Cheryl Waffenschmidt it's understood, both of these ladies make me look good.
Mrs. Sky is now handing me scissors and wrapping, so off I must go, there is no winter napping.
And I thank you all as this column is done, thanks once again for making it fun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls basketball: Defending champs open playoffs on strong note
- King ends Lancers season for second year in a row, 77-74
- Salmon's 22 points sparks Tosa East's win over West Allis Hale
- Adams proud of Lancers' senior class
- Central to host D2 finals Saturday
- Home Sweet Home for Lancers
- Brookfield Academy: March 6
- USM ends Stars' season
- Pennow heading to gymnastics state tournament