The Blue Knights beat conference foe University School of Milwaukee on Friday, 66-41, with seniors Sean Clarey and Nate Stolte contributing 24 and 17 points, respectively.
Sophomore Ryan Clarey added eight points while sophomore Joe Lemon added five points and 10 rebounds. Senior Josiah Marsh continues to lead the team at the point guard spot.
Brookfield Academy is currently ranked fourth in the state in Division 4 in the latest coaches poll, with records of 3-1 overall and 2-0 in the Midwest Classic Conference.
BA hosts Hope Christian at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, followed by Milwaukee North High School at 9:30 a.m. Saturday in the NY2LA Sports Classic Tournament.
— Coach Patrick Clarey
Last week was rivalry week for the girls varsity team. On Dec. 3, the team traveled to USM, winning, 48-29, as senior Kourtney Krohn led the way with 24 points and 19 rebounds.
BA finished the week with a 35-31 loss to Lake Country Lutheran on Saturday. Sophomore Jennie Novak held LCL's leading scorer to only 11 points and fellow sophomore Ashley Balistreri scored a career high 13 points, including her first three-pointer.
The team faces a very busy week traveling to Racine Lutheran Thursday and finishing with a home match against Ronald Reagan the following day at 7:30 p.m.
— Erika Schlagenhauf,
The BA fencing team participated in the first half of the Conference Duals at New Trier High School in Winnetka, Ill., on Saturday. In team meets, fencers compete in teams of four, and each member of the team fences each member of the other team. BA entered four teams, in the men's and women's épée and men's and women's foil events.
The women's épée team, consisting of freshman Skye McCoy, sophomore Katie Polster, junior Jemma Kloss and senior Clare Urbanski, did remarkably well, beating four of the five teams they fenced. Both the men's and women's épée teams were victorious over local rival Catholic Memorial.
— Jemma Kloss,
The boys' swim team competed in the Cudahy Invite at Cudahy High School on Saturday. The team, consisting of juniors Neil Dixit, Doug Peters and Kevin Van Cleave and freshmen Jonathan Lee, Evan Medora and Michael Mueller, placed fifth of nine teams.
Highlights included Lee with a 5:22.81 (third) in the 500-yard freestyle; Van Cleave with two new meet records; Dixit, Mueller, Medora and Peters with a best time in the 200 free relay (sixth), as well as a third-place finish in the 400 free relay from Van Cleave, Lee, Peters and Mueller.
BA next competes on Saturday at Milwaukee Riverside High School.
— Kevin Van Cleave,
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season