The future looks bright for the Brookfield East wrestling team, but the present might be a little darker.
"We will struggle due to injuries and a few guys not coming out," coach John Veal said. "The future looks bright in our junior program."
Two bright spots for the Spartans, juniors Josh Dempsey and PJ LeClaire, will be around for two more years.
Dempsey is a returning conference champion and LeClaire is a returning state qualifier.
The Spartans will be a young team as there is not a senior listed on the roster.
Dempsey and LeClaire lead the six juniors, along with David Wertz, Anthony Stonecipher, Connor Cera and Drew Hepperla.
Veal has four sophomores and four freshmen rounding out the 14-man roster.
The sophomores are Kyle Banaski, Malcom Vetter, RC Oleson and Oliver Pulsifer.
The freshmen are Cole Vento, Nick Martin, Eric Schuh and Bashar Zaidat.
East is at West Allis Central at 7 p.m. Dec. 5. Then they wrestle at Wisconsin Lutheran Invite at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 7. Brookfield Central then comes to town for a match at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 11.
— Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Academy: March 13
- Girls basketball: Lancer girls edge Riverside, 42-37, to win regional championship
- Girls basketball: Defending champs open playoffs on strong note
- King ends Lancers season for second year in a row, 77-74
- Salmon's 22 points sparks Tosa East's win over West Allis Hale
- Adams proud of Lancers' senior class
- Central to host D2 finals Saturday
- Home Sweet Home for Lancers
- Brookfield Academy: March 6