Brookfield East tennis standout Felix Corwin signed a letter of intent to play for the University of Minnesota, where he has been awarded an athletic scholarship.
Corwin has been a varsity player and a WIAA state qualifier for the Spartans for each of his last three seasons. He was the WIAA state high school singles champion in 2013 and runner-up in 2012.
He has also been selected as the team's Most Valuable Player each year and has served as a team captain for the past two seasons.
Some of his other outstanding accomplishments include being the 2013 Frank Parker Award Recipient, being ranked fourth in the Midwest Section; ranked first in Wisconsin; a National Open Champion; a member of the 2013 Midwest National Team (team won the title); the No. 36 recruit for seniors on Tennisrecruiting.net; a member of the school's honor roll (3.6 GPA); and a member of Interact Club (community service) at school.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Softball: Brookfield Central rallies to beat East for regional softball title
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Blue Sox nip Bulldogs, 3-2, in Lakes action
- Girls track and field: Brookfield Central girls track and field team finishes fourth at Hale sectional
- Brookfield Academy: June 2, 2016
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown
- Youth Baseball: U12 Brewers win 'State Wars' tournament
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016