Brookfield East tennis standout Felix Corwin signed a letter of intent to play for the University of Minnesota, where he has been awarded an athletic scholarship.
Corwin has been a varsity player and a WIAA state qualifier for the Spartans for each of his last three seasons. He was the WIAA state high school singles champion in 2013 and runner-up in 2012.
He has also been selected as the team's Most Valuable Player each year and has served as a team captain for the past two seasons.
Some of his other outstanding accomplishments include being the 2013 Frank Parker Award Recipient, being ranked fourth in the Midwest Section; ranked first in Wisconsin; a National Open Champion; a member of the 2013 Midwest National Team (team won the title); the No. 36 recruit for seniors on Tennisrecruiting.net; a member of the school's honor roll (3.6 GPA); and a member of Interact Club (community service) at school.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East girls track team wins own invitational
- Whitefish Bay boys track team rolls into form, wins East meet
- Brookfield Central Jr. Lancer eighth-graders win fourth straight state title
- Brookfield East finishes third at Mike Gain Invite
- Brookfield Central Lancers lose 2 of 3 games, star pitcher
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Brookfield Central girls track team third at Spartan Invitational
- Sports Notes: April 16
- Brookfield East boys out to defend state tennis crown