Brookfield East boys track coach Mike Steiner has been selected by the Wisconsin Track & Field Coaches Association as the recipient of the 2012-13 NFHS Coaches Association Boys Track & Field Coach of the Year Award for Wisconsin.
Annually, the NFHS identifies and recognizes a coach from each state for significant achievement in their sport. State level recipients are considered for NFHS Sectional recognition. National Coaches of the Year are then chosen from the sectional winners.
Award recipients are selected based upon a variety of criteria including their coaching record, background, coaching honors, and involvement in community and school organizations.
Each year approximately 1000 coaches are recognized at the state level, 168 coaches are recognized at the sectional level and 21 coaches are recognized at the national level.
Wisconsin coaches are members of Section 4, which represents the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
The mission of the NFHS Coaches Association is to enhance the professional development of all high school sports coaches in order to improve interscholastic athletics in America.
For further information regarding the NFHS please call 317-972-6900 or go to www.nfhs.org.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season