For the second time in three weeks Sussex Hamilton showed Brookfield Central they were the better football team.
The Chargers (7-3) held on to defeat the Lancers (7-3), 37-34, Friday night at Sussex, as neither team could stop the other team's big playmaker.
Hamilton Running back Drew Patterson scored five touchdowns, while Central quarterback Riley Richarz had three and running back Terry Wallen had two. Richarz had 213 yards rushing in 29 carries.
"The seniors rallied them at halftime and they answered and came out in the second half almost won the football game," Meulemans said.
The Lancer defense held Hamilton's offense to six plays in the third quarter, but it couldn't keep it up.
"We knew it would be a tough game," Patterson said. "They’re a good team, we knew. Last (time) it went down to the wire. Today was a good team win.
"Every played good. Im we’re peaking right now, playing some good football and figuring it out."
Damato knew the Chargers would have their hands full.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Brookfield East crushes Beaver Dam, 47-0
- Dominic LaBellarte leads Brookfield Central football to 55-13 romp over Riverside
- West Bend rallies to beat Brookfield, 8-4
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team expects to contend
- East rushes for 434 yards in win over Popes
- Brookfield East soccer team looking to defend title
- Lueck does it again, wins fourth straight game for Bulldogs: Brookfield Bulldogs back in LOL Grand Championships
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Brookfield East Spartans
- Brookfield Academy football team should be contenders