For the second time in three weeks Sussex Hamilton showed Brookfield Central they were the better football team.
The Chargers (7-3) held on to defeat the Lancers (7-3), 37-34, Friday night at Sussex, as neither team could stop the other team's big playmaker.
Hamilton Running back Drew Patterson scored five touchdowns, while Central quarterback Riley Richarz had three and running back Terry Wallen had two. Richarz had 213 yards rushing in 29 carries.
"The seniors rallied them at halftime and they answered and came out in the second half almost won the football game," Meulemans said.
The Lancer defense held Hamilton's offense to six plays in the third quarter, but it couldn't keep it up.
"We knew it would be a tough game," Patterson said. "They’re a good team, we knew. Last (time) it went down to the wire. Today was a good team win.
"Every played good. Im we’re peaking right now, playing some good football and figuring it out."
Damato knew the Chargers would have their hands full.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season