The Racine Prairie Invite on Oct. 3 was the first time in Brookfield Academy's history that the girls and boys teams won the same cross country meet. Natalie Kustner finished second (17:00) and Natalie Arnold finished fourth (17:31). BA's next three runners — Harper LaFond (eighth), Lee Smith-Feinberg (13th) and Lucy Patch (14th) — also medaled and rounded out the team score to 30 points, beating Union Grove by one point.
Ethan Warren finished third (18:19), with Andy Swietlik close behind in sixth (18:33). Thomas Courchaine (13th) and Loren Marks (14th) worked together to produce times of 18:55 and 19:05, with Courchaine setting a personal best. Evan Medora (26th) and Chris Bienkowski (38th) helped secure the team's win ahead of the Prairie School by three points.
— Natalie Kustner,
The Blue Knights lost, 3-0, to Divine Savior Holy Angels again on Oct. 1. There were numerous shots on goal by the forward line and many saves by the goalie and defense, but the Dashers beat the Knights.
— Katherine Sharpless,
The girls' swim team competed at the Lancer Invite at Brookfield Central on Oct. 1. The girls all swam well, each dropping time from the previous meet.
The 200 medley relay was composed of Carissa Herbert (38.17) and Emily Marks (34.68), Morgan Malatesta (33.45) and Abbi Minessale (31.87). In the 50 freestyle, Shalini Gudumraj and Emma Lenz and Paige Cox each shaved a few seconds off their previous times.
Other notable swims include Malatesta's 100 butterfly (1:12.22), Minessale's and Herbert's 100 freestyles (1:10.83, 1:11.77), and Marks' 100 breaststroke (1:17:23).
— Emily Marks,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Mystery Photo: July 31
- Library Recommendations: July 31
- Brookfield Bulldogs second in Wisconsin Amateur Baseball Classic tourney
- Big innings lead to two Brookfield Blue Sox wins
- Tug of War World Championship will be in Madison from Aug. 28-31
- Several contributed to Lancers' state baseball championship
- Central beats Plymouth in state semifinal
- Lancers win fourth state baseball championship
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2