Spartans beat Tosa East, 11-1, in regional semifinals
Will now face Lancers at Central at 5:30 p.m. Friday in finals
Wauwatosa East made 11 errors and Brookfield East rolled to an 11-1, 5-inning win in the WIAA Regional Semifinal in Brookfield.
The Spartans scored an unearned run in the first, four unearned runs in the second, an unearned run in the third, three of four unearned runs in the fourth and two unearned runs in the fifth to win the game.
Dennis Mistrioty scored three times and singled twice and Sam Brunker had a 3-run single and a sacrifice fly for 4 RBIs to lead the offense.
Ryan Rouse earned the win, pitching five innings, allowing five hits, one walk and fanning four.
Ben Carpenter, Harrison Klein, Jonah Meidl, Ben Plaisted and Jacob Martin had the Red Raiders five hits, with Martin driving in Carpenter for the only run in the fourth.
Plaisted deserved a better fate, allowing one earned run in three innings.
Both teams split the regular season, with the Red Raiders winning 7-4 and the Spartans winning, 6-4, so a more competitive game was expected.
East, which has won two of three games against the Lancers, meet in the regional final at 5:30 p.m. on Friday. East lost 3-1, but then won 5-4 and 2-0 against Central.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central football coach Jed Kennedy is impressed with team's resiliency
- Brookfield East gridders go back to the basics
- Elmbrook Swim Club: Nov. 20
- Brookfield East's Gustafson has lifetime best in 500 free
- Brauer, Busch to lead young Brookfield Central Lancers
- Brookfield Academy: Nov. 20, 2014
- Brookfield Central swimmers finish 12th at state meet
- Brookfield East girls put together record-breaking year
- Sports Shorts: Nov. 13