Lancers blank Waukesha South in regional semis
to host Brookfield West/Wauwatosa East Friday
Brookfield Central scored three runs in the first and third innings and coasted to a 6-0 win over Waukesha South at Central Tuesday night.
Matt Ausloos pitched a 5-hit shutout, walking one and fanned two to get the complete-game win.
Connor Shipman had a 2-run double in the first and Jonathan Keane had a 2-run double in the third as seven batters each had one hit. Eric Ranchau had the other RBI in the third.
Brookfield East will host Wauwatosa East at 5:30 p.m. today and the winner plays at Central at 5:30 p.m. Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Mystery Photo: July 31
- Library Recommendations: July 31
- Brookfield Bulldogs second in Wisconsin Amateur Baseball Classic tourney
- Big innings lead to two Brookfield Blue Sox wins
- Tug of War World Championship will be in Madison from Aug. 28-31
- Several contributed to Lancers' state baseball championship
- Central beats Plymouth in state semifinal
- Lancers win fourth state baseball championship
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2