Oak Creek's Hayden Krimmer outdueled Brookfield East's Ryan Rouse and the Knights nipped the Spartans, 4-2, Wednesday afternoon at the Greater Metro Conference Tournament at Brookfield Central.
The fourth-seeded Spartans trailed the entire game, as the top-seeded Knights took a 1-0 lead in the first and added three more runs in the second before Rouse shut them down the final four innings.
Krimmer, perhaps the top pitcher in the area, allowed five hits, two walks and fanned eight. He also had two RBIs. Dakota Sloan had two hits, the only batter on either team with more than one hit.
Nick Kanavas had an RBI fielder's choice in the third and Dustin Brah had an RBI single in the fourth for the Spartans runs.
Rouse pitched six innings, allowing six hits, four runs, two earned runs and walking five and fanning five.
After taking tomorrow off, the Spartans play Marquette on Friday at 2 p.m.
Oak Creek meets second-seeded Franklin at 4:30 p.m. for the title.
Brookfield Central faces Tosa East at 11:30 a.m.
All the games are at Brookfield Central.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East's Bullen, Carr key GMC Outdoor title
- Brookfield East girls track team earns second straight triple crown
- Brookfield Central baseball team returns nine letter winners
- Brookfield Central girls earn 10 top-three finishes at GMC Outdoor
- Brookfield East's Knight pitches one-hit victory
- Brookfield Central boys finish third in GMC tennis
- Brookfield East boys tennis team finishes second in GMC
- Staszkiewicz sparks Brookfield Central girls soccer team to huge win
- Brookfield East has plenty of talent returning on diamond