Oak Creek's Hayden Krimmer outdueled Brookfield East's Ryan Rouse and the Knights nipped the Spartans, 4-2, Wednesday afternoon at the Greater Metro Conference Tournament at Brookfield Central.
The fourth-seeded Spartans trailed the entire game, as the top-seeded Knights took a 1-0 lead in the first and added three more runs in the second before Rouse shut them down the final four innings.
Krimmer, perhaps the top pitcher in the area, allowed five hits, two walks and fanned eight. He also had two RBIs. Dakota Sloan had two hits, the only batter on either team with more than one hit.
Nick Kanavas had an RBI fielder's choice in the third and Dustin Brah had an RBI single in the fourth for the Spartans runs.
Rouse pitched six innings, allowing six hits, four runs, two earned runs and walking five and fanning five.
After taking tomorrow off, the Spartans play Marquette on Friday at 2 p.m.
Oak Creek meets second-seeded Franklin at 4:30 p.m. for the title.
Brookfield Central faces Tosa East at 11:30 a.m.
All the games are at Brookfield Central.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- College Volleyball: Brookfield's Leitermann on UW-Oshkosh's National Title Team
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East tennis team beats Eau Claire, Arrowhead, Neenah
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central's tennis team beats Indian Trail, West Allis Central, then wins own tournament
- GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Brookfield Central's girls track and field team wins Union Grove, Wisconsin Lutheran Invites
- Brookfield Academy: April 28
- Boys basketball: Matt Malett resigns as Brookfield East boys basketball coach
- Softball: Brookfield East softball team beats Tosa West for first victory