Brookfield Central blanked West Allis Central, 3-0, Wednesday morning in the consolation bracket of the Greater Metro Conference Tournament at Brookfield Central.
Junior Matt Ausloos tossed a 5-hitter, walking three and fanning two on the way to the win. The Lancers took advantage of three Bulldog base running errors to preseve the shutout.
Victor Perea appeared to have scored in the fifth inning on a sacrifice fly by Dylan Diebitz to cut the lead to 2-1. But the Lancers appealed that he left third too soon and won the appeal.
Riley Richarz led off the BC first inning with a HBP, stole second and third and scored on an error by the shortstop off a grounder by Ausloos.
Elijah Goodman and Luke Summerfeld had infield hits, the latter on a perfect bunt down the third base line, to start the fourth. After a passed ball moving the runners up, Connor Shipman had an infield hit to score courtesy runner Mike Egan for a 2-0 lead.
Doubles by Goodman and Shipman accounted for the final BC run in the sixth.
Bulldog pitcher Josh Kopplin pitched well in the loss, allowing five hits, a HBP, a walk and five strikeouts.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown
- Youth Baseball: U12 Brewers win 'State Wars' tournament
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Land O’Lakes Baseball: Bulldogs, Blue Sox lose in Land O'Lakes play
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East boys second in Greater Metro Conference tennis tournament
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls win GMC Outdoor title
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team finishes third in GMC Tournament