Cedarburg tops Lancers, 3-1, moves to state finals
Top-ranked Bulldogs score twice in second half to pull away
No. 1 ranked Cedarburg beat Brookfield Central, 3-1, scoring twice in the second half to put the game away.
Nikki Albrecht scored 17 minutes into the game off a pass from Kaitlin Kuznacic to take a 1-0 lead into intermission.
Then six minutes into the second half, Tylor Skorik scored in front of an empty net when Rachel Oleson came out to make a play, taking a pass from Josee Stiever.
Then at 52:30, Stiever drilled a beautiful unassisted go from about 15 yards out.
Emma Brauer scored Central's goal to prevent the shutout at the 69:15 mark, drilling a shot in from about 15 yards away in the middle in front of the goal.
The Lancers' frustration against speedy Bulldogs showed, as they were given two yellow cards in a game which was very rough.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Academy: Dec. 3, 2015
- SPORTS NOTES NOV. 19
- Glacier girls hockey to return eight players
- SCORECARD: Elmbrook Swim Club
- Brookfield/Catholic Memorial boys hockey team co-op begins fourth season
- Brookfield East has surprising gridiron season
- Wauwatosa East volleyball season has solid season despite just missing another trip to state
- Brookfield Central's Kennedy proud of football team's effort in winning conference title
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 26, 2015