Cedarburg tops Lancers, 3-1, moves to state finals
Top-ranked Bulldogs score twice in second half to pull away
No. 1 ranked Cedarburg beat Brookfield Central, 3-1, scoring twice in the second half to put the game away.
Nikki Albrecht scored 17 minutes into the game off a pass from Kaitlin Kuznacic to take a 1-0 lead into intermission.
Then six minutes into the second half, Tylor Skorik scored in front of an empty net when Rachel Oleson came out to make a play, taking a pass from Josee Stiever.
Then at 52:30, Stiever drilled a beautiful unassisted go from about 15 yards out.
Emma Brauer scored Central's goal to prevent the shutout at the 69:15 mark, drilling a shot in from about 15 yards away in the middle in front of the goal.
The Lancers' frustration against speedy Bulldogs showed, as they were given two yellow cards in a game which was very rough.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Track and field: Former Badgers standout Calhoun to lead Central girls track
- Sports recaps from Brookfield Central and East: Jan. 22
- Elmbrook Swim Club Scorecard Jan. 22
- Brookfield East boys basketball team win five in a row
- New Berlin Eisenhower boys basketball team tips Pirates, stays in race
- First-place Marquette tops Brookfield Central boys basketball team 54-41
- Miller's big game sparks Brookfield East win
- Boys hockey: Brookfield/Catholic Memorial Stars win third straight contest
- Brookfield Academy: Jan. 22, 2015