Thirty eight members of the Elmbrook Swim Club competed at the Walter Schroeder Aquatic Center Feb. 1 to 3 in the 33rd annual A+ meet.
This is the largest and most competitive winter meet in Wisconsin drawing top swimmers from Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska and Wisconsin.
More than 1,200 swimmers participated including Olympians, World and U.S. national swimmers. Participants must qualify to participate by achieving A, AA, AAA or AAAA time standards.
And the Elmbrook Swim Club competed well with Emily Ulmer (12 years old) taking second in the 100 breaststroke (1:10:11) while setting a club record. Zach Sekaran (12) took third in the 100 freestyle (51.92), fourth in the 50 free (24.21), fifth in the 100 butterfly (58.31) and seventh in the 100 individual medley (1:03.09), setting club records in all four events.
The following represent top 16 finishes by age and gender.
Girls 10 and under: Kamryn Dembny (8) - 10th in 50 backstroke, 12th in 50 fly and 16th in 50 breast, 100 free and 100 IM; Lizzi Geske (9) - 10th in the 50 fly.
Boys 10 and under: Ido Korabelnikov (10) - 14th in the 200 IM; Michael Linnihan (10) - 13th in 200 IM and 16th in 100 free.
Girls 12 and under: Emma Smith (12) - 14th in 100 back; Leah Westcott (12) - eighth in 100 IM, 10th in 100 breast, 13th in 200 IM and 14th in 200 back.
Boys 12 and under: Zach Sekaran - second in 100 breast.
Girls 13-14: Meredith Gustafson - 14th in 500 free; Rachel Werking - 12th in 200 breast.
Boys 13-14: Ben Attenberger - fourth in 200 back, seventh in 100 breast, eighth in 200 breast and 400 IM and ninth in 200 IM.
Senior Girls: Carley Stewart - 16th in 1,000 free.
Other participants: Mary Kate Berens, Deepali Bhalla, Natalie Daniel, Claire Flatley, Kathleen Flatley, Lauren Flatley, Lauren Ferge, Rachel lIlgen, Casey Kendl, Sara Kirmis, Natalie Larsen, Leah Lee, Maggie Lingle, Ryan Linnihan, Erin Locante, Lauren Locante, Lindsay Powell, Emma Schaetz, Renata Schlomann, Maddie Severance, Mandie Siehs, Maggie Teng, Nicole Wahlgren, Sarah Werking, Jessica Westcott and Zoe Woods.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East girls open with two blowout losses
- Busch steps up in Brookfield Central Lancers opening 51-29 win
- Brookfield East basketball boys have depth, experience returning
- Brookfield Central's Wandrey sees intangibles as strength
- Brookfield Central girls cross country had outstanding season
- Brookfield East boys volleyball coach will miss senior class
- Brookfield Central football coach Jed Kennedy is impressed with team's resiliency
- Brookfield East gridders go back to the basics
- Elmbrook Swim Club: Nov. 20