The Brookfield Barracudas had five top-three finishes and finished third in the 2012 Classic 8/Greater Metro Conference Relays on Jan. 3 at Menomonee Falls.
Muskego won the event with 146 points, followed by Arrowhead (126) and Brookfield (121).
"From a coaching perspective, the team had a solid effort," Barracudas coach William Twitchell said. "But in their hearts the athletes felt they could have done more. They realize the fleeting nature of both success and youth."
Taking first place in 1 minute, 31:08 seconds for Brookfield was the 200-yard freestyle relay of seniors Mitch Douglas and Joe Bauer and juniors Michael Flatley and Brian Borden and the 300 breaststroke relay of junior Jeffery Teng, junior Tyler Patt, sophomore Daniel Lee and Borden (3:08.49).
The 800 free relay of Borden, Bauer, Conner Rumpit and Flatley (7:36.80) and Flatley, Bauer, junior Dean Zheng and Borden finished second (3:29.07).
Rounding out the top-three performances was the 400 individual medley relay of Teng, senior Collin Steen, Lee and freshman Andrew Cao, who finished third (4:18.55).
Brookfield had two fourth-place finishes - the 500 free relay of Douglas, Bauer, freshman Tomer Korabelnikov and Flatley (4:39.53) and the 200 medley relay of Korabelnikov, Tyler, Rumpit and Douglas (1:47.04).
The 400 medley relay of Korabelnikov, Patt, Rumpit and Zheng finished fifth (3:56.99), as did the 300 butterfly relay of Steen, Zheng, Lee and Rumpit (2:52.27).
The Barracudas' lowest finish was sixth place by the 300 backstroke relay of Steen, senior Mark Horvatin, sophomore Reinhold Hoffman and Korabelnikov (3:04.87).
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine
- Football: Former Brookfield East coach Tom Swittel goes out with WFCA All-Star Game win
- Brookfield Bulldogs, Blue Sox begin Land O'Lakes stretch run
- New Brookfield Central AD Don Kurth to bring wide variety of experience
- Sports Notes: July 14
- Baseball: Brookfield East's upset bid falls short in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team wins three of final four regular-season games