It was a big week for the Brookfield Academy boys basketball team, currently ranked No. 2 in the state in Division 4.
The Blue Knights are off to a 5-0 start with all five wins coming in conference play, and as a result, they are in first in the Midwest Classic Conference.
"It's been a big week for us in boys basketball," coach Patrick Clarey said.
The Blue Knights whipped Division 2 Milwaukee Messmer, 76-57, on Dec. 5, as the Bishops were tied for first with BA coming into the game.
"Our speed and skill shined in the fourth quarter as we put the game out of reach with a 16-1 run," Clarey said.
Senior Domonique Criss scored a career-high 38 points while junior Sean Clarey added 24 points. The two of them combined for 20 of 22 points in that crucial fourth-quarter blow out.
"Senior point guard Forah Bangura played a flawless game," coach Clarey said. "He directed our offense and anchored our defense, handing out five assists only having one turnover against the Bishop pressure defense."
Senior Jake Kolasinski and junior Nate Stolte combined for 17 rebounds and owned the inside.
The Blue Knights then blew out St. John's Northwestern Military Academy, 85-35, on Friday at home.
BA came right out of the gates and started with a 21-5 run led by Criss and Clarey, who combined for 17 points in that first quarter. Clarey finished with 20 points and Criss added 18.
With BA up 42-10 at half, both players only played 18 minutes. All 13 players who suited up for the Knights scored.
The Blue Knights, who played Hope Christian on Dec. 10, host Living Word Lutheran on Dec. 12 and finish the week off Dec. 14 against Division 2 power Wisconsin Lutheran in the NY2LA Holiday Classic held at Homestead in Mequon. Tip time for that match up is 3:15 p.m.
- Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central Lancers make first trip to state baseball since 2001
- Catholic Memorial ends Spartans season with 4-2 regional victory
- Lancers win sectional title, first trip to state since 2001
- Baseball: Ausloos dazzles as Brookfield Central edges KM
- Baseball: Spartans give CMH a push, but Crusaders prevail
- Indians hold off Central, 7-5
- Brookfield bulldogs crush Hartland but lose to West Bend
- Brookfield East baseball team enjoys early starting times
- Chargers knock off Brookfield Central in semis