Brookfield Glacier girls hockey co-op took to the ice for their first game of the season Nov. 20 against Rock County Fury and the Glacier started where they left off last season by skating away with an 8-3 win.
Leading the way for the Glacier was the forward line combination of Arianna Smith and Morgan Hollowell. Smith, a Mukwonago junior, had three goals and three assists and Hollowell, a Brookfield Central senior, was credited with three goals and two assists. Assistant coach Kevin Cline said Hollowell was not credited with the third assist on the score sheet.
Senior Jamie Ertl of Menomonee Falls and sophomore Kelli Sorge of Waukesha North each had a goal to round out the offensive night for the Glacier.
"I was impressed with the effort in our first contest," head coach Brian Smith said. "I was excited by the offensive productivity, but I'm cautious about getting too optimistic about the quick start.
"I saw lots of areas that need attention if we are to be competitive week in and week out this season, starting with our defensive zone play. I'm never happy to give up three goals in any contest.
"In order to be competitive in the Eastern Shores Conference, you better play great team defense and we're not even good, let alone great, in our end."
- Tom "Sky" Skibosh
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central soccer team blanks Brookfield East, 6-0
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield East's Kim Leupold resigns as girls cross-country coach
- Brookfield Academy: May 1, 2016
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs beat Hartland in Land O'Lakes opener
- Boys tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team ranked sixth in state
- Boys Track and Field: Brookfield East boys win North Star Classic Track and Field Invite