The Brookfield Central girls ran off with all the regular season cross country honors, so it shouldn't be surprising to see some of the Lancers honors.
Coach Lorie Lewis, the Greater Metro Conference Coach of the Year, and her squad won six invitationals and finished second at two, including sectionals.
Central was the GMC Champions and set a conference record for the lowest winning score. They qualified for state as a team and finished eighth.
Lewis had the GMC Runner of the Year in talented junior Elizabeth Flatley, who won the Conference Championship. Flatley, along with Paulina Agnello and Danielle Kulpins, earned first-team honors.
Kasey Ledvorowski, Lucy Kwiatkowski and Megan Hlava earned second-team honors and Megan Weis was third team.
The Lancers will lose nine seniors: Elli Walleser, Veroncia Porubsky, Kelsey Fox, Lauren Schubilski, Morgan Orcholski, Nicole Nelson, Andrea Hudzinski, Andi Davis and Krista Schoberg.
"The success of the 2012 season could have never happened without the dedicated hardworking student/athletes who make up the team," Lewis said. "Every runner made significant improvements and contributed toward the team goals and efforts.
"I am very proud of each runner for her efforts throughout the season along with working together in order to achieve team goals. I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with such a gifted group of girls."
- Tom "Sky" Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sports Shorts: June 20
- Seniors key Brookfield East boys' success
- Congenital glaucoma doesn't stop Blue Knights' Dentice
- Brookfield Central baseball faces busy schedule
- Cedarburg tops Lancers, 3-1, moves to state finals
- Turelli's goal gives Lancers 1-0 win over Neenah in state quarter-finals
- WIAA state girls soccer preview
- Brookfield East boys tennis team can't topple tennis giant, Marquette
- Elmbrook Swim Club grabs several records at Schroeder meet