Brookfield Academy's Jake Kolasinski has signed a letter of intent with the University of Wisconsin-Parkside to play baseball in the fall.
Kolasinski has been a member of the Blue Knights since his freshman year. In addition to playing baseball all four years of high school (including this spring), he has played football for four years and basketball for two (as a freshman and a senior).
The Blue Knights had a successful open to the 2012-2013 season. After appearing in the Nov. 10 Grafton Scrimmage, they tipped off the regular season on Nov. 16 with a 94-54 win at home over Midwest Classic Conference opponent Kenosha Christian Life. The Knights' high-powered offense was led by junior Sean Clarey and senior Domonique Criss who combined for 53 points in just over 22 minutes of action. Senior Jake Kolasinski added 13 points and junior Josiah Marsh scored eight.
The Blue Knights are ranked fifth in the state in Division 4 and are led by Clarey, averaging 20 points per game, and Criss, averaging 18. Both received numerous All-Conference, All-Suburban and All-Area awards last season, and Criss was also selected as a preseason All-State Candidate.
There are high expectations for the Blue Knights this season, and head coach Patrick Clarey looks for big contributions from Kolasinski and Forah Bangura, both seniors, and juniors Nate Stolte and David Gramling.
The Blue Knights continue their five straight home games on Nov. 29 against Wayland Academy.
- Merrick Wells student reporter
The BA fencing team was well-represented at the Nov. 17 Catholic Memorial Invitational in Waukesha. Ten fencers competed in men's and women's foil and épée against teams from all over the Midwest - as far away as Kansas.
Junior Saify Sobhani finished 24th out of 64 in men's épée, and sophomore Charlene Dysktra finished 27th out of 49 in women's foil. In women's épée, sophomore Jemma Kloss finished 21st out of 39.
This was the first meet of the season for many of the BA fencers including freshmen Nico Konitch and Megan Kratoska, who competed in men's and women's foil, respectively.
BA's men's épée and women's foil teams will compete in the New Trier dual meet on Dec. 1.
- Jemma Kloss student reporter
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown
- Youth Baseball: U12 Brewers win 'State Wars' tournament
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Land O’Lakes Baseball: Bulldogs, Blue Sox lose in Land O'Lakes play
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East boys second in Greater Metro Conference tennis tournament
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls win GMC Outdoor title
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team finishes third in GMC Tournament