Brookfield Academy's Jake Kolasinski has signed a letter of intent with the University of Wisconsin-Parkside to play baseball in the fall.
Kolasinski has been a member of the Blue Knights since his freshman year. In addition to playing baseball all four years of high school (including this spring), he has played football for four years and basketball for two (as a freshman and a senior).
The Blue Knights had a successful open to the 2012-2013 season. After appearing in the Nov. 10 Grafton Scrimmage, they tipped off the regular season on Nov. 16 with a 94-54 win at home over Midwest Classic Conference opponent Kenosha Christian Life. The Knights' high-powered offense was led by junior Sean Clarey and senior Domonique Criss who combined for 53 points in just over 22 minutes of action. Senior Jake Kolasinski added 13 points and junior Josiah Marsh scored eight.
The Blue Knights are ranked fifth in the state in Division 4 and are led by Clarey, averaging 20 points per game, and Criss, averaging 18. Both received numerous All-Conference, All-Suburban and All-Area awards last season, and Criss was also selected as a preseason All-State Candidate.
There are high expectations for the Blue Knights this season, and head coach Patrick Clarey looks for big contributions from Kolasinski and Forah Bangura, both seniors, and juniors Nate Stolte and David Gramling.
The Blue Knights continue their five straight home games on Nov. 29 against Wayland Academy.
- Merrick Wells student reporter
The BA fencing team was well-represented at the Nov. 17 Catholic Memorial Invitational in Waukesha. Ten fencers competed in men's and women's foil and épée against teams from all over the Midwest - as far away as Kansas.
Junior Saify Sobhani finished 24th out of 64 in men's épée, and sophomore Charlene Dysktra finished 27th out of 49 in women's foil. In women's épée, sophomore Jemma Kloss finished 21st out of 39.
This was the first meet of the season for many of the BA fencers including freshmen Nico Konitch and Megan Kratoska, who competed in men's and women's foil, respectively.
BA's men's épée and women's foil teams will compete in the New Trier dual meet on Dec. 1.
- Jemma Kloss student reporter
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys Track and Field: Brookfield East boys win North Star Classic Track and Field Invite
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- College Volleyball: Brookfield's Leitermann on UW-Oshkosh's National Title Team
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East tennis team beats Eau Claire, Arrowhead, Neenah
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central's tennis team beats Indian Trail, West Allis Central, then wins own tournament
- GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Brookfield Central's girls track and field team wins Union Grove, Wisconsin Lutheran Invites
- Brookfield Academy: April 28
- Boys basketball: Matt Malett resigns as Brookfield East boys basketball coach