First-year Brookfield East girls basketball coach Mike Goodman is looking to "turn a new page" with his first team.
Goodman, who replaces Kelly Lam, takes over a team that was 0-14 in the Greater Metro Conference and 3-20 overall. They have a conference losing streak of 15, last winning on Feb. 24, 2011, 53-50, at West Allis Hale.
"I am just looking forward to the season," Goodman said. "Hopefully the girls are willing to turn a new page into this year's basketball season and are ready for a change."
Returning will be seniors Emily Utic, Lauren Kennedy, Hanna Zimmerman and Rachel Nelson, juniors Christy Johnson and Adriana Gibbs and sophomore Kellie Goodman.
Although it is still early, two freshmen, Mariah Miller and Angela Pichler, could be considered promising newcomers.
Goodman, the former head coach at Mondovi, also said some of the girls who are coming up from the JV team have a chance to be part of the varsity squad.
These include sophomores Natasha Plavsic and Sadie Spahn and junior Sam Van Rens.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Big 4th quarter sparks Brookfield Central victory
- Brookfield Central boys basketball team pulls away in fourth quarter
- Big 4th quarter sparks BC victory
- Central boys pull away in fourth quarter
- Brookfield Central wrestlers defeat Spartans
- Brookfield/Cathoic Memorial Stars split two games on weekend
- Brookfield-Elm Grove sports notes: Dec. 18, 2014
- Smith's basket closes out Brookfield East win over Bulldogs
- Brookfield Academy sports roundup, Dec. 18