Coach Kim Leupold was happy with her Brookfield East girls cross country this season.
The Spartans finished in fourth place in the sectionals, qualifying freshmen twin sisters Rachel Werking and Sarah Werking for the state meet.
Rachel Werking then finished fifth at state and was first-team All-Area. Sarah Werking finished 49th and was named honorable mention All-Area.
The Spartans had a good season, finishing second in the Greater Metro Conference.
Both Werkings were first-team all-conference selections, while Natalie Gehred was second team and Lisa Browne third team.
Leupold will lose 14 seniors from the program: Molly Neimi, Brittany Allen, Shannon Cashin, Hayley Taylor, Julie Fuerbringer, Jocelyn Yaegger, Christine Pelto, Katie Schwarz, Emma Sudar, Kaitlyn Bisping, Jasmine Miller, Lauren Hill, Maria Gehred and Natalie Gehred.
Leupold's JV team also did well, taking first place in the GMC.
"We had a great season with wonderful returning senior leadership," Leupold said, "along with a very strong freshman class."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield Central boys track team fifth at GMC Outdoor Championship
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield Central girls finish solid second in GMC Outdoor
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Lancers boys tennis team beats Falls, Fond du Lac, loses to MUHS; goes 1-2 in Saturday in
- Sports Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Softball: Brookfield Central edges East, 7-6, in crosstown thriller
- Girls track and field: Brookfield East girls win Menomonee Falls Invitational
- Boys tennis: Brookfield East boys tennis team has 4-0 week
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- Wrestling: Mike Weller steps down as Brookfield East wrestling coach