Brookfield Central showed some consistency, as the Lancers finished between 19th and 21st places in all four of their events Saturday at the WIAA Girls Division 1 State Girls Swimming & Diving Championships at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium.
Leading the way in the 100-yard breast stroke was junior Leah Lee, who finished 19th with a time of 1 minute, 9.28 seconds.
Next in line came the 400 freestyle relay, which finished 20th in 3:42.93 behind freshman Claire Flatley, senior Lauren Flatley, freshman Erin Locante and sophomore Nikki Wahlgren.
Both Wahlgren in the 100 butterfly and the 200 free relay finished 21st to round out the performances.
Wahlgren raced a 1:00.38 in the fly and then joined Claire and Lauren Flatley and Locante to finish in 1:41.74.
"Many times, the pressure of the state meet can be overwhelming," Central coach William Twitchell said. "That was not the case this year.
"Led by the senior leadership of Lauren Flatley, the team swam well, learned a bit and had some fun. In was an appropriate ending to a satisfying season."
Waukesha South/Mukwonago won the state meet with 279 points, edging Arrowhead, which finished with 273.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Meulemans resigns as Lancers football coach
- Boys basketball: Hamilton, Brookfield Central renew rivalry Friday
- Former Central kicker coaching at UW-La Crosse
- Wrestling: Central on both sides of nail-biter, nips Chargers
- East wrestlers lose opener to West Allis Central
- Engelhart, Simon spark two Brookfield East victories
- East girls earn first win, crush Nicolet
- Brookfield Academy
- Boys hockey: Stars romp past Greendale in league opener