Brookfield Central showed some consistency, as the Lancers finished between 19th and 21st places in all four of their events Saturday at the WIAA Girls Division 1 State Girls Swimming & Diving Championships at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium.
Leading the way in the 100-yard breast stroke was junior Leah Lee, who finished 19th with a time of 1 minute, 9.28 seconds.
Next in line came the 400 freestyle relay, which finished 20th in 3:42.93 behind freshman Claire Flatley, senior Lauren Flatley, freshman Erin Locante and sophomore Nikki Wahlgren.
Both Wahlgren in the 100 butterfly and the 200 free relay finished 21st to round out the performances.
Wahlgren raced a 1:00.38 in the fly and then joined Claire and Lauren Flatley and Locante to finish in 1:41.74.
"Many times, the pressure of the state meet can be overwhelming," Central coach William Twitchell said. "That was not the case this year.
"Led by the senior leadership of Lauren Flatley, the team swam well, learned a bit and had some fun. In was an appropriate ending to a satisfying season."
Waukesha South/Mukwonago won the state meet with 279 points, edging Arrowhead, which finished with 273.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central soccer team blanks Brookfield East, 6-0
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield East's Kim Leupold resigns as girls cross-country coach
- Brookfield Academy: May 1, 2016
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs beat Hartland in Land O'Lakes opener
- Boys tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team ranked sixth in state
- Boys Track and Field: Brookfield East boys win North Star Classic Track and Field Invite