Brookfield Central showed some consistency, as the Lancers finished between 19th and 21st places in all four of their events Saturday at the WIAA Girls Division 1 State Girls Swimming & Diving Championships at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium.
Leading the way in the 100-yard breast stroke was junior Leah Lee, who finished 19th with a time of 1 minute, 9.28 seconds.
Next in line came the 400 freestyle relay, which finished 20th in 3:42.93 behind freshman Claire Flatley, senior Lauren Flatley, freshman Erin Locante and sophomore Nikki Wahlgren.
Both Wahlgren in the 100 butterfly and the 200 free relay finished 21st to round out the performances.
Wahlgren raced a 1:00.38 in the fly and then joined Claire and Lauren Flatley and Locante to finish in 1:41.74.
"Many times, the pressure of the state meet can be overwhelming," Central coach William Twitchell said. "That was not the case this year.
"Led by the senior leadership of Lauren Flatley, the team swam well, learned a bit and had some fun. In was an appropriate ending to a satisfying season."
Waukesha South/Mukwonago won the state meet with 279 points, edging Arrowhead, which finished with 273.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season