Brookfield East junior Maggie Lingle finished 17th in the 100-yard butterfly and that was the Spartans top performer at Saturday's WIAA Girls Swimming & Diving Division 1 Championships at the University of Wisconsin's Natatorium.
Lingle's 17th place came with a time of 59.53 seconds in the 100 fly.
Senior Carley Stewart finished 19th in the 500 freestyle in 5 minutes, 14.62 seconds and 21st in the 200 free in 1:59.60 in her final state tournament performance.
Next in line came junior Lindsay Powell, who took 22nd in the 200 individual medley in 2:13.24 and 23rd in the 100 backstroke (1:01.15).
Both relays finished 22nd.
The 400 free relay finished with a time of 3:44.12 behind sophomore Jessica Westcott, Lingle, Stewart and Powell.
The 200 medley relay of Westcott, Laura Werking, Powell and Melissa Gustafson had a time of 1:54.70.
"Well we hoped to swim a bit faster but we really did a full taper sectionals in order to qualify," East coach Michael Rose said. "Carley had a great swim with a lifetime-best in the 500 and everyone else was close.
"This is hard group to have graduate (Werking, Gustafson, Stewart) from the state team. They had great leadership, they were hard workers and really great kids."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central soccer team blanks Brookfield East, 6-0
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 5, 2016
- Brookfield East's Kim Leupold resigns as girls cross-country coach
- Brookfield Academy: May 1, 2016
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs beat Hartland in Land O'Lakes opener
- Boys tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team ranked sixth in state
- Boys Track and Field: Brookfield East boys win North Star Classic Track and Field Invite