The Brookfield Central girls tennis team recently announced its award winners.
To no one's surprise, Greater Metro Conference Player of the Year Hannah Sekaran was named Central's Most Valuable Player.
Caroline Treis/Brooke Skemp were the GMC Doubles Team of the Year and earned All-State honors.
Treis, Skemp and Elizabeth Capper were named the Lancers' captains.
Central's four seniors, their season and career records follow.
Treis is 33-6 and 111-31, Skempe is 30-6 and 109-32, Molly Protz is 21-12 and 33-17 and Capper is 6-4, 22-17.
Nakita Sood at No. 2 singles was 19-13; Kim Smith at No. 4 singles was 24-10.
Ali Bublitz/Annie Porritt were second-team all-state selections, with Bublitz finishing the year with a 28-7 record and Porritt 29-6. Tori Rieves/Katie Schleicher finished 22-6.
Other letter winners were Meg Stein, Saloni Rao and Andjelia Latinovich.
Central finished second in the Greater Metro Conference with a 5-1 record behind Divine Savior Holy Angels. They were runner-up at sectional, fifth in the area and sixth in state and finished with a 22-9 overall record.
"It was a very good season," coach David Steinbach said. "We beat Brookfield East, losing only one individual match to them. We won 20 of 21."
Steinbach is already thinking about next year.
"We have a nice bunch returning."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim club results: June 30
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East's Bueckers nabs all-state honors for girls soccer
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week