The Brookfield Central girls tennis team recently announced its award winners.
To no one's surprise, Greater Metro Conference Player of the Year Hannah Sekaran was named Central's Most Valuable Player.
Caroline Treis/Brooke Skemp were the GMC Doubles Team of the Year and earned All-State honors.
Treis, Skemp and Elizabeth Capper were named the Lancers' captains.
Central's four seniors, their season and career records follow.
Treis is 33-6 and 111-31, Skempe is 30-6 and 109-32, Molly Protz is 21-12 and 33-17 and Capper is 6-4, 22-17.
Nakita Sood at No. 2 singles was 19-13; Kim Smith at No. 4 singles was 24-10.
Ali Bublitz/Annie Porritt were second-team all-state selections, with Bublitz finishing the year with a 28-7 record and Porritt 29-6. Tori Rieves/Katie Schleicher finished 22-6.
Other letter winners were Meg Stein, Saloni Rao and Andjelia Latinovich.
Central finished second in the Greater Metro Conference with a 5-1 record behind Divine Savior Holy Angels. They were runner-up at sectional, fifth in the area and sixth in state and finished with a 22-9 overall record.
"It was a very good season," coach David Steinbach said. "We beat Brookfield East, losing only one individual match to them. We won 20 of 21."
Steinbach is already thinking about next year.
"We have a nice bunch returning."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys basketball: Mirsberger's buzzer-beater gives Brookfield Central a crazy win
- Girls basketball: Spartans can't catch DSHA in standings
- Wrestling: Brookfield Central wins three of five at Zelinski Duals
- Skiing: Ski team third against area elites
- Girls basketball: Lumps taken by Brookfield East beginning to yield results
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Central adjusts to zone, downs Menomonee Falls
- Brookfield Academy sports roundup: Jan. 29
- Track and field: Former Badgers standout Calhoun to lead Brookfield Central girls track
- Sports recaps from Brookfield Central and East: Jan. 22