Brookfield East and Central's boys soccer teams won first-round WIAA matches Tuesday night and advanced to Thursday night's regional finals.
Third-seeded East beat 14th-seeded Milwaukee King easily, 8-0, but only led 2-0 at halftime.
Ryan Toy (Jonathan Stone assist) at 2:32 and Adam Aleiou (Toy) accounted for the first-half scores.
In the second half Stone scored (John Orgovan) at 45:33 for a 3-0 lead and then Ben Kosmider, Matt Wilson, Ryan Bouchard (Ryan Dundun), Peter Raymonds (David Loffredo) and D. Fadeski closed out the scoring.
The fifth-seeded Lancers beat 12th-seeded Homestead on penalty kicks, 4-3, with goalkeeper Tyler Moore had the save for the game-winner.
Brad Jakober scored twice in the first half at 25 and 29 minutes (assist by Vuk Latinovich on second goal) for a 2-2 tie at half.
NEXT UP - Centrals travels to fourth-seeded Whitefish Bay, who beat Milwaukee Ronald Reagan, 5-1, in a 7 p.m. game. At 5p.m.East hosts Germantown, who beat Wauwatosa West, 6-0.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team one step away from state
- Around Town: Oct. 30
- Boys soccer: Dominant Brookfield East boys aim at state soccer title
- Girls cross country: Brookfield Central girls power way to WIAA CC sectional title
- Cross country: East harriers send four qualifiers to state race
- Brookfield Academy: Oct. 30
- Girls tennis: Close calls go against Brookfield East at state tennis
- Boys volleyball: Brookfield East wins thriller over Marquette for GMC supremacy
- Football: Brookfield Academy stumbles late in D5