Brookfield East and Central's boys soccer teams won first-round WIAA matches Tuesday night and advanced to Thursday night's regional finals.
Third-seeded East beat 14th-seeded Milwaukee King easily, 8-0, but only led 2-0 at halftime.
Ryan Toy (Jonathan Stone assist) at 2:32 and Adam Aleiou (Toy) accounted for the first-half scores.
In the second half Stone scored (John Orgovan) at 45:33 for a 3-0 lead and then Ben Kosmider, Matt Wilson, Ryan Bouchard (Ryan Dundun), Peter Raymonds (David Loffredo) and D. Fadeski closed out the scoring.
The fifth-seeded Lancers beat 12th-seeded Homestead on penalty kicks, 4-3, with goalkeeper Tyler Moore had the save for the game-winner.
Brad Jakober scored twice in the first half at 25 and 29 minutes (assist by Vuk Latinovich on second goal) for a 2-2 tie at half.
NEXT UP - Centrals travels to fourth-seeded Whitefish Bay, who beat Milwaukee Ronald Reagan, 5-1, in a 7 p.m. game. At 5p.m.East hosts Germantown, who beat Wauwatosa West, 6-0.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Brookfield's Krill wins boys 16 doubles Midwest Closed Junior Championship
- Rufer, Keane key Lancers' victory over Brookfield East
- Brookfield East's Hyndiuk shines on mound
- Lightning strikes in shootout to beat Brookfield Academy girls
- Brookfield Bulldogs score 4 runs in 11th inning to nip Lannon
- Brookfield Blue Sox lose to first-place Pewaukee
- Brookfield East's Bullen earns MVP honors for track
- Brookfield Central puts six softball players on all-Greater Metro Conference team