The Brookfield Central Lancers (6-7-1) concluded their regular season on the road with a 1-1 draw against Sussex Hamilton on Oct. 2.
The Lancers could not overcome the speed and the direct play of the Chargers. The tempo was set in the first half by Hamilton, who sat back and pressed in the midfield as they looked for any opportunity to play long balls behind Central's back line.
The benefit came in the 16th minute when Garrett Lee found space in the box and touched the ball past a helpless Lancers goalkeeper Tyler Moore, who had been put to the test and produced at least one spectacular save already in the match.
A change in tactics saw the match turn in the second half. Central found momentum in its attack and scored early on with a pinpoint Brad Jakober assist to Vuk Latinovich.
Central looked sure to take the lead, but Richie Sebzda was twice denied by the post and Jakober had a free kick saved by Michael Badalamente.
Johnny Dusing was Central's the Man of the Match.
Fifth-seeded Central hosted 12th-ranked Homestead on Oct. 9 in a WIAA Regional match.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown
- Youth Baseball: U12 Brewers win 'State Wars' tournament
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Land O’Lakes Baseball: Bulldogs, Blue Sox lose in Land O'Lakes play
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East boys second in Greater Metro Conference tennis tournament
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls win GMC Outdoor title
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team finishes third in GMC Tournament