The Brookfield Central Lancers (6-7-1) concluded their regular season on the road with a 1-1 draw against Sussex Hamilton on Oct. 2.
The Lancers could not overcome the speed and the direct play of the Chargers. The tempo was set in the first half by Hamilton, who sat back and pressed in the midfield as they looked for any opportunity to play long balls behind Central's back line.
The benefit came in the 16th minute when Garrett Lee found space in the box and touched the ball past a helpless Lancers goalkeeper Tyler Moore, who had been put to the test and produced at least one spectacular save already in the match.
A change in tactics saw the match turn in the second half. Central found momentum in its attack and scored early on with a pinpoint Brad Jakober assist to Vuk Latinovich.
Central looked sure to take the lead, but Richie Sebzda was twice denied by the post and Jakober had a free kick saved by Michael Badalamente.
Johnny Dusing was Central's the Man of the Match.
Fifth-seeded Central hosted 12th-ranked Homestead on Oct. 9 in a WIAA Regional match.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East snaps DSHA 28-game GMC win streak
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 11, 2016
- Bruggink, Malensek spark Brookfield Central boys in wins over West Allis Central, Hale
- Brookfield East girls basketball team rallies to beat Sussex Hamilton, 66-54
- Brookfield East Junior Spartans set football registration for 2016-17
- Brookfield's Rumpit, Attenberger win multiple swim events at Classic 8/GMC tourney
- Brookfield gymnastics team keeps on rolling
- Brookfield Academy: Feb. 11, 2016
- Brookfield Central girls roll over both West Allis teams