The Brookfield Central Lancers (6-7-1) concluded their regular season on the road with a 1-1 draw against Sussex Hamilton on Oct. 2.
The Lancers could not overcome the speed and the direct play of the Chargers. The tempo was set in the first half by Hamilton, who sat back and pressed in the midfield as they looked for any opportunity to play long balls behind Central's back line.
The benefit came in the 16th minute when Garrett Lee found space in the box and touched the ball past a helpless Lancers goalkeeper Tyler Moore, who had been put to the test and produced at least one spectacular save already in the match.
A change in tactics saw the match turn in the second half. Central found momentum in its attack and scored early on with a pinpoint Brad Jakober assist to Vuk Latinovich.
Central looked sure to take the lead, but Richie Sebzda was twice denied by the post and Jakober had a free kick saved by Michael Badalamente.
Johnny Dusing was Central's the Man of the Match.
Fifth-seeded Central hosted 12th-ranked Homestead on Oct. 9 in a WIAA Regional match.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls basketball: Spartans can't catch DSHA in standings
- Wrestling: Brookfield Central wins three of five at Zelinski Duals
- Skiing: Ski team third against area elites
- Girls basketball: Lumps taken by Brookfield East beginning to yield results
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Central adjusts to zone, downs Menomonee Falls
- Brookfield Academy sports roundup: Jan. 29
- Track and field: Former Badgers standout Calhoun to lead Brookfield Central girls track
- Sports recaps from Brookfield Central and East: Jan. 22
- Elmbrook Swim Club Scorecard Jan. 22