The Brookfield Central girls cross country squad won the Albany Invitational on Saturday with 41 points and the Lancers had three runners in the top 10.
Danielle Kulpins led Central with a second-place finish in 15 minutes, 50 seconds, followed by Paulina Agnello, who was seventh in 16:06, and Megan Hlava, who took eighth in 16:08.
Lucy Kwiatkowski finished 11th (16:17) and Kasey Ledvorowski was 16th (16:25).
Central's other runners were Veronica Porubsky (23rd, 16:30) and Kelsey Fox (25th, 17:12).
"The team did a nice job of racing hard on a tough course in the cold and wind," coach Lorie Lewis said. "Freshman Lucy Kwiatkowski showed the elements were not going to be cause for a bad race. Not only did she run a season (personal record) on a challenging course, but she also finished in our top five for the first time this season.
"She definitely has natural talent for running and will only get faster with more experience. Her movement into the top five will really help us out as we go into the final meets of the season."
Lewis was pleased with her team's performance as they head down the stretch.
"This was a great tune up as we approach the final meets of the season," she said. "The top six raced within 40 seconds of each other. They definitely have the potential to improve that mark and race with an even stronger team effort. The next couple meets will call for that type of effort and they will be prepared to give it."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central's Kennedy proud of football team's effort in winning conference title
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 26, 2015
- Oak Creek girls basketball team pulls away from Brookfield Central in second half
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Brookfield East's Matt Szews named Volleyball Player of the Year, first-team all-state
- Brookfield Academy: Nov. 26, 2015
- Brookfield East girls basketball team starts out 2-0
- Brookfield East soccer team names three senior captains as MVPS
- Brookfield East girls swimming team looks back on excellent season