Senior Dan Johnson finished seventh and helped the Brookfield East boys cross country team to a sixth-place finish at the 17-team Racine Case Eagle Invitational on Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.
Arrowhead won the event with 62 points, followed by Janesville Craig (76), Muskego (109), Shorewood (112), Homestead (141) and Brookfield East (169).
Johnson finished with a time of 16 minutes, 13.1 seconds, three spots ahead of junior Stephen Browne (10th, 16:28.4). Then came sophomore Alex McTaggart (17:17.6) and junior Andrew Pelto (17:19) at 36th and 37th, respectively.
The fifth scorer was Nathan Dillon at 79th (18:15.3), while Kyriel Hanson (87th, 18:26.4) and Peter Kuenzle (111th, 19:32) also ran.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete