Brookfield East freshman Rachel Werking continues to excel as she won the Manitowoc Len Nikolai Invitational on Saturday at the Meadow Links Country Club.
"She had a wonderful race, commanding the lead as she approached the first mile marker," coach Kim Leupold said. "She pulled ahead and ran a race with confidence and mental toughness. She also set a new course record with a time of 14 minutes, 50.12 seconds."
The girls finished fourth place overall with 112 points, only four points out of second (Stevens Point, 108) and three out of third (Appleton North, 109).
Sarah Werking was fourth (15:10.67), Allyx Kvasnicka was 34th (16:18), Lisa Browne 36th (16:23) and Brianna Mathison 37th (16:25) were the top five runners.
Natalie Gehred was 52nd (16:37), Shannon Cashin, 56th (16:42) and Alex Sinson, 73rd (16:53).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Seniors key Brookfield East boys' success
- Congenital glaucoma doesn't stop Blue Knights' Dentice
- Brookfield Central baseball faces busy schedule
- Cedarburg tops Lancers, 3-1, moves to state finals
- Turelli's goal gives Lancers 1-0 win over Neenah in state quarter-finals
- WIAA state girls soccer preview
- Brookfield East boys tennis team can't topple tennis giant, Marquette
- Elmbrook Swim Club grabs several records at Schroeder meet
- Brookfield East whips Marquette High School twice