The Brookfield Central girls golf team continues to dominate the Greater Metro Conference mini-meets, taking first place for the fourth time in a row on Sept. 10 at Westmoor Country Club.
The Lancers shot a 176 to beat out Brookfield East (183), as sophomore Grace Dunn was the meet medalist with a 40. Right behind her were Christine Tang with a 42 and Amanda Reisner with a 43. Maddie Culver had a 51 and Taylor Moon a 52.
Divine Savior Holy Angels (200) was third and Wauwatosa fourth (214) followed by Sussex Hamilton (222) and Menomonee Falls (231).
The Washington County Championship at Wanaki on Sept. 13 was cut to 12 holes.
Central was third of 11 teams. Dunn led the way (+4) followed by Reisner (+5), Tang (+9), Moon (+20), Kyla Hoem (+17) and Catlin Kelly (+20).
The Lancers placed third in the Appleton West Terror Invitational on Saturday, scoring 339 behind Prairie School (314) and Kenosha Tremper (336).
Reisner led the way with a 79 (fifth) and Dunn had a 80 (eighth), followed by Tang (86), Moon (94), Angie Borowski (94) and Alyssa Borowski (104).
The Lancers were ninth in this week's coaches poll.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Seniors key Brookfield East boys' success
- Congenital glaucoma doesn't stop Blue Knights' Dentice
- Brookfield Central baseball faces busy schedule
- Cedarburg tops Lancers, 3-1, moves to state finals
- Turelli's goal gives Lancers 1-0 win over Neenah in state quarter-finals
- WIAA state girls soccer preview
- Brookfield East boys tennis team can't topple tennis giant, Marquette
- Elmbrook Swim Club grabs several records at Schroeder meet
- Brookfield East whips Marquette High School twice