Brookfield Central finished eighth out of 16 teams at the Nicolet Sweet 16 Invitational on Saturday, an event won by Homestead.
They beat Green Bay Southwest, 5-2, in the first round as Hannah Sekaran (6-3, 2-6, 7-5) and Kim Smith won singles matches (6-4, 6-3) while the doubles teams swept.
Caroline Treis/Brooke Skemp (6-2, 6-4), Ali Bublitz/Annie Porritt (7-6 (2), 6-2) and Tori Rieves/Katie Schleicher (7-6 (2), 6-2) won at doubles.
The Lancers then lost to Homestead, 4-3, as Molly Protz (6-4, 6-3), Smith (6-4, 7-6 (5)) and Bublitz/Porritt (7-5, 7-5) had the victories.
Central then lost to Arrowhead, 4-3, with Treis/Skemp (7-5, 6-2), Bublitz/Porritt (7-6 (1), 6-4) and Rieves/Schleicher (3-6, 6-1, 6-3) sweeping doubles.
Central then lost its last match by a familiar 4-3 score, this time falling to Eau Claire Memorial.
Treis (6-1, 6-0), Bublitz/Porritt (6-1, 5-7, 6-4) and Rieves/Schleicher (6-1, 6-2) got the wins.
The Lancers opened the week by losing to University School of Milwaukee, 6-1, on Sept. 4.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys basketball: Hamilton, Brookfield Central renew rivalry Friday
- Former Central kicker coaching at UW-La Crosse
- Wrestling: Central on both sides of nail-biter, nips Chargers
- East wrestlers lose opener to West Allis Central
- Engelhart, Simon spark two Brookfield East victories
- East girls earn first win, crush Nicolet
- Brookfield Academy
- Boys hockey: Stars romp past Greendale in league opener
- Boys swimming: Borden, Rumpit lead swimmers at home invite