The Brookfield East girls cross country team has a sister act going and it helped the Spartans to a fourth-place finish at the South Milwaukee Rockets Invitational on Saturday on Grant Park.
East scored 115 points and finished behind Brookfield Central (87), Muskego (89) and Oshkosh West (110).
The Spartans were led by Rachel Werking, who finished third in 15 minutes, 2 seconds behind Wauwatosa East's Natalie Schudrowitz (14:44.3) and Kenosha Tremper's Brittney Feivor (14:49.3).
Sarah Werking was sixth (15:28.6) and the next best finish came from Brianna Mathison who was 32nd (16:31.1). Lisa Browne was 35th (16:33.6) and Shannon Cashin was 39th (16:37.4).
Alex Sinson was 41st (16:38.6), Allyx Kvasnicka took 43rd (16:40.3) to round out the Spartans lineup.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete