The Brookfield East girls cross country team finished second in the 10-team Leighton Betz Invitational on Friday at Greenfield Park.
While Arrowhead ran away with the championship with 22 points, the Spartans scored 93 points, well ahead of third-place Pewaukee, which scored 109 points.
Freshmen Rachel and Sarah Werking finished eighth in 15 minutes, 25 seconds, and 13th in 16:08, respectively.
Junior Allyx Kvasnicka finished 22nd (16:36), senior Shannon Cashin was 24th (16:45) and junior Brianna Mathison placed 26th (16:49).
The Spartans' other two runners were senior Natalie Gehred, who finished 34th (17:07), and freshman Lisa Browne, who placed 43rd (17:22).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete