Ryan Rouse's two-run homer and Drew Kehoe's sacrifice fly keyed a four-run fourth inning as Brookfield East rallied to beat Brookfield Central before a packed house at McCoy Field.
Central took a 2-0 lead on a wild pitch and a sacrifice fly by Charlie O'Dwyer in the second inning, but the Spartans tied it in the third as the Lancers made two key errors.
An error and a two-run single by Peter Schuelke gave Central a 5-2 lead, before the Spartans big inning.
Relievers Pat O'Brien for East and Elijah Goodman for Central were both outstanding, shutting out both sides the final three innings.
East is tied for first with Menomonee Falls at 6-1 and the Spartans are 9-1 overall. Central fell to 1-7 overall and 1-5, last place in the Greater Metro Conference.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Central girls shock Generals to keep marching
- Lancers rally to beat Brookfield East in girls basketball regional
- Fond du Lac nips Brookfield/CMH Stars in overtime
- Central boys rally again to beat Indians
- Brookfield Central Lancers beat Bulldogs, ties for second in GMC
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers fall to rival Pewaukee in WIAA state sectional dual meet
- Brookfield East's Dempsey off to state wrestling
- Rumpit, Attenberger lead Brookfield Barracuda effort
- Brookfield Central boys ski team finish 18th at state