Ryan Rouse's two-run homer and Drew Kehoe's sacrifice fly keyed a four-run fourth inning as Brookfield East rallied to beat Brookfield Central before a packed house at McCoy Field.
Central took a 2-0 lead on a wild pitch and a sacrifice fly by Charlie O'Dwyer in the second inning, but the Spartans tied it in the third as the Lancers made two key errors.
An error and a two-run single by Peter Schuelke gave Central a 5-2 lead, before the Spartans big inning.
Relievers Pat O'Brien for East and Elijah Goodman for Central were both outstanding, shutting out both sides the final three innings.
East is tied for first with Menomonee Falls at 6-1 and the Spartans are 9-1 overall. Central fell to 1-7 overall and 1-5, last place in the Greater Metro Conference.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Mystery Photo: July 31
- Library Recommendations: July 31
- Brookfield Bulldogs second in Wisconsin Amateur Baseball Classic tourney
- Big innings lead to two Brookfield Blue Sox wins
- Tug of War World Championship will be in Madison from Aug. 28-31
- Several contributed to Lancers' state baseball championship
- Central beats Plymouth in state semifinal
- Lancers win fourth state baseball championship
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2