Ryan Rouse's two-run homer and Drew Kehoe's sacrifice fly keyed a four-run fourth inning as Brookfield East rallied to beat Brookfield Central before a packed house at McCoy Field.
Central took a 2-0 lead on a wild pitch and a sacrifice fly by Charlie O'Dwyer in the second inning, but the Spartans tied it in the third as the Lancers made two key errors.
An error and a two-run single by Peter Schuelke gave Central a 5-2 lead, before the Spartans big inning.
Relievers Pat O'Brien for East and Elijah Goodman for Central were both outstanding, shutting out both sides the final three innings.
East is tied for first with Menomonee Falls at 6-1 and the Spartans are 9-1 overall. Central fell to 1-7 overall and 1-5, last place in the Greater Metro Conference.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Germantown football team advances with easy win over Brookfield Central
- Football: Cedarburg poised for North Shore rematch
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 1
- Girls swimming: Central gets best of East in swimming dual, with conference meet still ahead
- Boys soccer: Brookfield East leaves Pewaukee feeling foggy
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Library Recommendations: Oct. 23