Ryan Rouse's two-run homer and Drew Kehoe's sacrifice fly keyed a four-run fourth inning as Brookfield East rallied to beat Brookfield Central before a packed house at McCoy Field.
Central took a 2-0 lead on a wild pitch and a sacrifice fly by Charlie O'Dwyer in the second inning, but the Spartans tied it in the third as the Lancers made two key errors.
An error and a two-run single by Peter Schuelke gave Central a 5-2 lead, before the Spartans big inning.
Relievers Pat O'Brien for East and Elijah Goodman for Central were both outstanding, shutting out both sides the final three innings.
East is tied for first with Menomonee Falls at 6-1 and the Spartans are 9-1 overall. Central fell to 1-7 overall and 1-5, last place in the Greater Metro Conference.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East, Central girls 1-2 at Hamilton Invite
- Sport Shorts: April 30, 2015
- Brookfield East netters defeat MUHS, win own invite
- Brookfield Central second, East fifth at first GMC golf mini-meet
- Spartans win six events in runaway win
- Menomonee Falls thinclads battle weather conditions, win at West Bend
- Busch's goal gives Brookfield Central girls soccer team win over East
- Brookfield Academy: April 30, 2015
- Greenfield girls soccer team blanks two opponents after tough loss to Greendale