Brookfield East showed no mercy in its final Greater Metro Conference soccer battle of the season, taking a 10-0 win over West Allis Central on May 22. The Spartans defense did not allow the Bulldogs a single shot.
Freshman Kelli Goodman landed a hat trick, Taylor Swittel posted two goals, and junior Jill Oliver had two goals. Single goals came from Emily Utic, Brynna Conway and Shannon Cashin. Kristy Lein had three assists, and Morgan Precour had a pair.
East finished conference play at 2-4-1 after starting the year 0-3. The team was scheduled to open the WIAA playoffs at home against Milwaukee Hamilton on Tuesday, trying to get into a Saturday battle that will very likely feature Wauwatosa West as the opponent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14