The Brookfield East boys basketball team will have a familiar face heading up the program next season.
Matt Malett was named to the head coaching position, replacing Andy Farley, who will become an associate principal at Menomonee Falls on July 1.
“Malett emerged from a pool of outstanding candidates seeking the position,” said athletic & activities director Corey Golla. “He has been active in the Spartan program since 2002 when he began in the Jr. Spartan program."
Malett has continually progressed through the ranks serving most recently as head JV coach. In addition to his proven record in the program, knowledge of the game, and work ethic the selection committee was impressed with his clear mission to ‘to inspire and empower the relentless pursuit of excellence and integrity on and off the court.’”
Golla looks at Mallett as being the total package.
“In my time at East, few coaches have possessed the complete skill set that Matt has at his disposal.” Golla said. “He is driven, knowledgeable and continually fascinated by the craft of coaching. He will be an outstanding head coach.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Big 4th quarter sparks Brookfield Central victory
- Brookfield Central boys basketball team pulls away in fourth quarter
- Big 4th quarter sparks BC victory
- Central boys pull away in fourth quarter
- Brookfield Central wrestlers defeat Spartans
- Brookfield/Cathoic Memorial Stars split two games on weekend
- Brookfield-Elm Grove sports notes: Dec. 18, 2014
- Smith's basket closes out Brookfield East win over Bulldogs