Brookfield East Athletic & Activities Director Corey Golla has resigned his position with Brookfield East to accept the position of principal at Menomonee Falls High School.
Golla, who has been at Brookfield East since 2004, has a consistent track record of athletic and activities program development, sportsmanship and success. He began his career with the school district in 1996 as a teacher and coach at Pilgrim Park Middle School and Brookfield East.
Golla recently received the Brookfield Jaycees Distinguished Service Award, an honor bestowed upon one outstanding school district employee each year. Superintendent Matt Gibson nominated Golla for the 2012 award, calling him “an advocate for student participation, sportsmanship, character development and award-winning performance.”
“While this opportunity is exciting to me professionally and a great opportunity for my family, leaving Brookfield East and the Elmbrook School District is difficult,” Golla said. “I have proudly given 16 years of my career to this district and the Spartans will be in my heart forever. I am proud of every program I am leaving behind, and I wish to thank the entire East community for your support.”
Principal Mr. Dan Pavletich also commented Golla for his performance at East.
“I cannot put into words the far-reaching impact Mr. Golla has had on the Brookfield East students, staff, and community,” he said. “While his title has been Athletic & Activities Director, he has meant so much more to this school.”Mr. Golla will continue to work at Brookfield East through June 30.
The Athletic & Activities Director position will be posted immediately.
“Helping to prepare East for the coming transition will be a priority for me. It is important that everything we have built together continues,” Golla said.
Last week it was announced that boys basketball coach Andy Farley resigned to take over as associate principal at Falls and girls basketball coach Kelly Lam resigned to take a taking position at Sussex Hamilton.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Lancers rally to beat Brookfield East in girls basketball regional
- Fond du Lac nips Brookfield/CMH Stars in overtime
- Central boys rally again to beat Indians
- Brookfield Central Lancers beat Bulldogs, ties for second in GMC
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers fall to rival Pewaukee in WIAA state sectional dual meet
- Brookfield East's Dempsey off to state wrestling
- Rumpit, Attenberger lead Brookfield Barracuda effort
- Brookfield Central boys ski team finish 18th at state
- Brookfield Academy: Feb. 26, 2015