Monday was a busy day for Brookfield Central's junior defensive lineman Chikwe Obasih.
Obasih committed to play football at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
He plans on majoring in actuarial science and UW was the only school recruiting him that offers that major.
Obasih visited UW five to six times and saw three games last fall.
His last visit was Saturday and made his decision on Sunday.
"They wanted me to make a decision when I was there on Saturday," Obasih said. "But I didn't want to make an emotional one. I came home and thought about it. It was the best fit for me because of my major."
Central football coach Jamie Meulemans added: "We are very excited for Chikwe and his family. Chikwe has tremendous strength and speed. He is a special talent."
Also on Monday, the United States Army gave a presentation to Obasih on the Army's All-American Bowl game, which Obasih has been nominated to play in on Jan. 5, 2013.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls defends GMC softball title with 2-0 win over BC
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14
- Brookfield East boys wins Burling Invite by 78 points
- Brookfield Central netters have unbeaten week
- Brookfield Central Sport Shorts: May 14
- Massart, Thomas two of Central's best athletes ever
- Brookfield Academy wrapups: May 13
- Brookfield Central kickers have 1-1-1 week