Brookfield East girls basketball coach Kelly Lam has resigned her position after two seasons to accept a teaching position at Sussex Hamilton.
"I'm very excited for the opportunity to teach at Sussex Hamilton," Lam said. "It was a career opportunity I wanted to take and I'm thankful I received a job offer. I will miss being a head coach but know it was the right decision to take.
"The last two years have been a great coaching experience for me. I was blessed to work with a great group of girls, parents, community and administration. It was a difficult decision to step down but I wish the girls the best of luck in the future."
Athletic Director Corey Golla thanked Lam.
"We appreciate Coach Lam's service to Brookfield East," Golla said. "Our girls have represented East with pride under her leadership."
Lam had an overall record of 9-37 in two seasons, including a 4-24 mark in the Greater Metro Conference.
The Spartans finished last in the GMC (0-14) and were 3-20 overall during the 2011-12 season. They were 4-10 with a 6-17 overall mark in her first season.
"I have learned a lot from all the girls I have coached and hope they were able to learn something from me," Lam said. "I will always be a Spartan at heart, but I'm excited for the opportunity to be part of the Charger culture."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls defends GMC softball title with 2-0 win over BC
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14
- Brookfield East boys wins Burling Invite by 78 points
- Brookfield Central netters have unbeaten week
- Brookfield Central Sport Shorts: May 14
- Massart, Thomas two of Central's best athletes ever
- Brookfield Academy wrapups: May 13
- Brookfield Central kickers have 1-1-1 week