Brookfield East head basketball coach Andy Farley has resigned his position after nine years with the team to accept an associate principal position at Menomonee Falls
“I am grateful for the opportunity and the experiences that I have shared as head of the Brookfield East boys’ basketball program," Farley said. "I have had the ultimate opportunity in life to work with some of the best student-athletes any coach could have asked to work with and consider many life-long friends.
"In addition, I am thankful for the opportunity to work with a collection of outstanding teachers, administrators and staff that have always supported me and the boys’ basketball program. I look forward to watching the future success of the Spartan program.”
Farley, an East graduate himself, was hired as a social studies teacher and head basketball coach by Principal Joe Schroeder and athletic director Jerry Keyes in 2003.
Under his leadership the Spartans have won 92 games and earned the respect of the basketball community as a tenacious, disciplined team. Among Farley’s performance highlights was the WIAA Regional Championship in 2007, a year in which the Spartans advanced to the Sectional final. The spirited rivalry with BCHS and Wauwatosa East will long be remembered as some of the most exciting events in recent school memory.
While the State qualification narrowly eluded Farley the relentless pursuit of excellence will be the hallmark of his career.
“No coach has worked more diligently or passionately during my tenure”, said athletic and activities director Corey Golla. “Coach Farley has been the standard bearer for hard work, passion, and integrity at Brookfield East. I will miss his leadership and commitment.”
Principal Dan Pavletich added, “On behalf of Brookfield East High School I am grateful to Andy Farley for his commitment, leadership, and professionalism during his ten years at East. He is an educator and coach that has made a difference in the lives of hundreds of students and athletes. We wish him the best in his new role as an associate principal at Menomonee Falls High School.”
Farley will represent Brookfield East one last time as an assistant coach for John Riccardi in the State All-Star game in Wisconsin Dells this summer, a fitting tribute for a coach who has earned the respect of the coaching community.
The teaching and coaching positions will both be posted immediately and the selection process will proceed through May.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- Brookfield Central Sports Shorts: April 28, 2016 issue
- College Volleyball: Brookfield's Leitermann on UW-Oshkosh's National Title Team
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East tennis team beats Eau Claire, Arrowhead, Neenah
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central's tennis team beats Indian Trail, West Allis Central, then wins own tournament
- GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: Brookfield Central's girls track and field team wins Union Grove, Wisconsin Lutheran Invites
- Brookfield Academy: April 28
- Boys basketball: Matt Malett resigns as Brookfield East boys basketball coach
- Softball: Brookfield East softball team beats Tosa West for first victory