The Brookfield Central girls soccer team remained unbeaten by defeating Divine Savior Holy Angels, 1-0, Tuesday night at Central in a huge Greater Metro Conference game.
The Lancers scored the game's only goal at 28 minutes, 44 seconds when Vanessa Alwan scored on a pass from Morgan Kenny.
It was Alwan's first goal of the season and it came on a great individual effort from about 16 yards out as she created something out of nothing.
The win improved the Lancers record to 7-0 overall and 3-0 in the Greater Metro Conference. DSHA fell to 2-1 with a 4-2-0 overall record.
Central has allowed only one goal for the year and none in three GMC games. The defense and goalkeeper Rachel Oleson have been outstanding. Oleson had 12 saves tonight.
"Rachel Oleson had her best game in a BC uniform," coach Jason Burdge said. "She made three big time, game-changing saves. One of those saves was the best save I have ever witnessed in a high school game."
Burdge was thrilled with the win over a program like DSHA.
"Anytime you can get a win over DSHA, you have to just sit back and smile," Burdge said. "We played a good first half controlling the pace of the game.
"The second half was a different story. We defended for the majority of the second half."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls defends GMC softball title with 2-0 win over BC
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14
- Brookfield East boys wins Burling Invite by 78 points
- Brookfield Central netters have unbeaten week
- Brookfield Central Sport Shorts: May 14
- Massart, Thomas two of Central's best athletes ever
- Brookfield Academy wrapups: May 13
- Brookfield Central kickers have 1-1-1 week