Senior Anna Liewen and Carly Sobrilsky drilled home runs, but Brookfield Central couldn't handle West Allis Hale, dropping a 7-4 decision April 3 at Hale.
The defending Greater Metro Conference co-champions with Menomonee Falls jumped out to a 3-0 first inning lead. Central countered with a run in the second, but the Huskies added two more in the second for a 5-1 lead.
But like in their first game, the Lancers battled back, scoring twice in the third to cut the lead to 5-3. But the Huskies added two more in the fourth inning and that was too much for Central to overcome.
Winning pitcher Sarah Mueller helped herself at the plate, as she singled, homered and drove in four runs for the Huskies and Jenny Schmidt singled and doubled and drove in two runs.
Central's Laura Hauser scattered eight hits in the loss.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sport Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield Central girls' track streak now at six titles
- Sport Shorts: May 21
- Brookfield Central golfers win GMC championship
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete