Brookfield Central, Brookfield East and Catholic Memorial High School hockey programs have agreed to co-op as the Stars.
In the 2012-13 school year both hockey programs (BC/BE – The Brookfield Stars, CMH – The Crusaders) project to have between 14-16 players grades 9-12 in their programs. These numbers are based on the returning athletes (Stars-12, CMH-10) and the number of present 8th graders playing youth hockey in the feeder programs (Stars-4, CMH-4). Of the 14-16 players involved in each program 6-9 would be labeled as “Varsity” level players. In the next two to four years the current youth feeder programs project to offer the same consistent 4-5 student athletes per year into the program.
“In order to offer a quality, competitive hockey experience for student athletes, a minimum of twenty-five to thirty participants must be in place, which the new co-op will provide,” said Sobrilsky.
New Stars Coach to be hired
“We would like to thank Coach Frantz for his time and efforts leading the Stars,” said Sobrilsky. “This year’s WIAA State tournament run was truly amazing, and Coach Frantz should be proud of his part in that accomplishment. We wish him nothing but the best of luck in the future.”
Sobrilsky and Golla intend to hire a head coach to lead the “new” co-op pending official WIAA approval of the co-op proposal in late April.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Elmbrook Swim Club Scorecard
- Dempsey named Brookfield East's most valuable wrestler; wins Takedown award
- Brookfield East softball coach Webber has plenty of talent returning
- Brookfield East girls soccer team has 14 players returning
- Brookfield Central girls run away with Doug Johnson Invitational
- Lancers' Busch named Now All-Suburban
- Brookfield East Spartans' Miller looking to make history
- New Berlin Eisenhower's Kozlowski named to Now All-Suburban Team
- Brookfield East girls track team earns 5 first-place finishes