West Allis Central (12-2, 18-4) defeated Brookfield East and beat out Brookfield Central (11-3, 17-5) Thursday night for the Greater Metro Conference title.
The Bulldogs won, 55-44, at Brookfield East (5-9, 9-13), but the Spartans led 16-11 and 24-23 at intermission after the first two periods. The Bulldogs took a 37-36 lead into the fourth quarter, but then blew out the Spartans, 18-8, to win their first title since 1991. Brian Smith had 19 for East and Jarvis Garrett had 21 for Central.
The Lancers meanwhile traveled to Sussex and knocked off the Chargers, 58-49, as they also had to rally for the win. They trailed 20-16 and 29-26 before tying the game at 38-38 after three periods.
They blew away Hamilton with a 20-11 fourth period. Seth Mortag had 18 points and Jack Sandstrom and Riley LaChance finished with 12 and 10 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team second at Gigl Memorial Invite
- Big second half helps Brookfield Central football team defeat Chargers
- Brookfield Central volleyball team goes 2-0, goes on to win Neenah Invite
- Derrick Banks named Brookfield East girls soccer coach
- Brookfield Academy Sports: Oct. 8
- Brookfield East to induct seven into Hall of Fame
- Football: Brookfield East rolls over Menomonee Falls behind Santiago-Lloyd's four touchdowns
- Brookfield East rolls over Falls, 38-0, to clinch playoff berth
- Brookfield Central football crushes Marquette, 52-20