West Allis Central (12-2, 18-4) defeated Brookfield East and beat out Brookfield Central (11-3, 17-5) Thursday night for the Greater Metro Conference title.
The Bulldogs won, 55-44, at Brookfield East (5-9, 9-13), but the Spartans led 16-11 and 24-23 at intermission after the first two periods. The Bulldogs took a 37-36 lead into the fourth quarter, but then blew out the Spartans, 18-8, to win their first title since 1991. Brian Smith had 19 for East and Jarvis Garrett had 21 for Central.
The Lancers meanwhile traveled to Sussex and knocked off the Chargers, 58-49, as they also had to rally for the win. They trailed 20-16 and 29-26 before tying the game at 38-38 after three periods.
They blew away Hamilton with a 20-11 fourth period. Seth Mortag had 18 points and Jack Sandstrom and Riley LaChance finished with 12 and 10 points.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Germantown softball team rallies to hold off Brookfield Central, 5-3
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central qualifies for Team State
- Softball: Brookfield Central rallies to beat East for regional softball title
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Blue Sox nip Bulldogs, 3-2, in Lakes action
- Girls track and field: Brookfield Central girls track and field team finishes fourth at Hale sectional
- Brookfield Academy: June 2, 2016
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown