The Brookfield East boys and girls basketball teams both lost to Marquette and Divine Savior Holy Angels Friday night.
BOYS AT MUHS
East trailed 24-20 at halftime, but the Hilltoppers went on a 24-12 run in the third quarter to blow the game open.
Mikey Novak had 19 points and Brian Smith 13 for East while Donnel Cegars and AJ Mueller each had 13 for MUHS.
DSHA AT EAST
The Dashers led 25-9 at half and then 42-12 after three periods, as Shaylan Reardon led them with 16 points and Maggie Novak had 12. The Spartans were led by Emily Utic with six.
DSHA remains in a tie for first with Sussex Hamilton at 10-2, while East is still winless (0-12) in the Greater Metro Conference and 3-17 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Greendale girls basketball team earns split in season-opening tourney
- Greendale football team reflects on another dominating campaign
- Brookfield East girls open with two blowout losses
- Busch steps up in Brookfield Central Lancers opening 51-29 win
- Brookfield East basketball boys have depth, experience returning
- Brookfield Central's Wandrey sees intangibles as strength
- Brookfield Central girls cross country had outstanding season
- Brookfield East boys volleyball coach will miss senior class
- Brookfield Central football coach Jed Kennedy is impressed with team's resiliency