The Brookfield East boys and girls basketball teams both lost to Marquette and Divine Savior Holy Angels Friday night.
BOYS AT MUHS
East trailed 24-20 at halftime, but the Hilltoppers went on a 24-12 run in the third quarter to blow the game open.
Mikey Novak had 19 points and Brian Smith 13 for East while Donnel Cegars and AJ Mueller each had 13 for MUHS.
DSHA AT EAST
The Dashers led 25-9 at half and then 42-12 after three periods, as Shaylan Reardon led them with 16 points and Maggie Novak had 12. The Spartans were led by Emily Utic with six.
DSHA remains in a tie for first with Sussex Hamilton at 10-2, while East is still winless (0-12) in the Greater Metro Conference and 3-17 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Brookfield's Krill wins boys 16 doubles Midwest Closed Junior Championship
- Rufer, Keane key Lancers' victory over Brookfield East
- Brookfield East's Hyndiuk shines on mound
- Lightning strikes in shootout to beat Brookfield Academy girls
- Brookfield Bulldogs score 4 runs in 11th inning to nip Lannon
- Brookfield Blue Sox lose to first-place Pewaukee
- Brookfield East's Bullen earns MVP honors for track
- Brookfield Central puts six softball players on all-Greater Metro Conference team