The Brookfield East boys and girls basketball teams both lost to Marquette and Divine Savior Holy Angels Friday night.
BOYS AT MUHS
East trailed 24-20 at halftime, but the Hilltoppers went on a 24-12 run in the third quarter to blow the game open.
Mikey Novak had 19 points and Brian Smith 13 for East while Donnel Cegars and AJ Mueller each had 13 for MUHS.
DSHA AT EAST
The Dashers led 25-9 at half and then 42-12 after three periods, as Shaylan Reardon led them with 16 points and Maggie Novak had 12. The Spartans were led by Emily Utic with six.
DSHA remains in a tie for first with Sussex Hamilton at 10-2, while East is still winless (0-12) in the Greater Metro Conference and 3-17 overall.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine
- Football: Former Brookfield East coach Tom Swittel goes out with WFCA All-Star Game win
- Brookfield Bulldogs, Blue Sox begin Land O'Lakes stretch run
- New Brookfield Central AD Don Kurth to bring wide variety of experience
- Sports Notes: July 14
- Baseball: Brookfield East's upset bid falls short in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team wins three of final four regular-season games