Brookfield Central beat Wauwatosa East boys team, 60-50, Friday night at home and improved to 10-3 in the Greater Metro Conference and 16-5 overall.
Seth Mortag, who scored 10 of his 15 points in the third period, helped the Lancers to a 43-35 lead through three quarters. Riley LaChance led Central with 21 points, as both players picked up their second foul with three minutes left in the first quarter and didn't play their usual minutes. Nate Rohde (9 points) and Nick Olson (8 points) helped pick up the slack.
Tosa East, playing without Anthony Carroll and Marquise Carter who were lost for year because of an athletic code violation, were short-handed, but still kept battling the Lancers until the end of the game.
Ben Carpenter led East with 14 points, including four 3-pointers, nine coming in the third period which kept his team in the game. Diamonte McKinley scored 13 points, including six in the fourth quarter.
East fell to 8-5 with a 13-8 record overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East has plenty of talent returning on diamond
- SPORTS SHORTS MAY 21
- East boys edge Falls for Ron Burling Invite
- Sox, Bulldogs looking to bounce back in LOL
- Brookfield East boys earn five first-place finishes
- Brookfield girls track teams dominate GMC Relays
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- Brookfield Academy: May 14, 2015
- Brookfield East girls soccer team wins Navy Bracket of Gusho Tourney