Brookfield Central beat Wauwatosa East boys team, 60-50, Friday night at home and improved to 10-3 in the Greater Metro Conference and 16-5 overall.
Seth Mortag, who scored 10 of his 15 points in the third period, helped the Lancers to a 43-35 lead through three quarters. Riley LaChance led Central with 21 points, as both players picked up their second foul with three minutes left in the first quarter and didn't play their usual minutes. Nate Rohde (9 points) and Nick Olson (8 points) helped pick up the slack.
Tosa East, playing without Anthony Carroll and Marquise Carter who were lost for year because of an athletic code violation, were short-handed, but still kept battling the Lancers until the end of the game.
Ben Carpenter led East with 14 points, including four 3-pointers, nine coming in the third period which kept his team in the game. Diamonte McKinley scored 13 points, including six in the fourth quarter.
East fell to 8-5 with a 13-8 record overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central gymnast moves on to Western Championships
- Brookfield East girls track team wins own invitational
- Whitefish Bay boys track team rolls into form, wins East meet
- Brookfield Central Jr. Lancer eighth-graders win fourth straight state title
- Brookfield East finishes third at Mike Gain Invite
- Brookfield Central Lancers lose 2 of 3 games, star pitcher
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Brookfield Central girls track team third at Spartan Invitational
- Sports Notes: April 16