Both the Brookfield Central girls and boys teams swept Brookfield East for the second time this season, winning their games by a combined 59 points.
The Central girls did most of the damage, beating East by 41 points, 67-26, while the boys won by 18, 65-47.
Two 3-point shooters set the tone for each game. For the girls, junior Debbie Entzminger tied a school record with 6 treys, on the way to a 22-point night. Entzminger averaged 5.9 points coming into the game.
After an exciting 14-11 first period, the Lancers got a combined 15 points in the second period from Anna Liewen (9) and Entzminger (6) to roll to a 20-4 quarter and a 34-15 halftime lead. Central was even better in the third quarter with a 24-5 run to lead 58-20 after three quarters. This time Entzminger (8) and Liewen (6) combined for 14 points in the quarter.
Liewen scored 18 points for Central, while the best East could do was seven points from Christy Johnson.
The boys game was close for a half, with Central hanging on to a 28-26 lead at intermission. Brian Smith had 11 first-half points and finished with a game-high 22 for the Spartans.
But Central, who was led by Riley LaChance's nine points at half, exploded for a 25-12 third period to take a 15-point lead into the final quarter.
Jason Meichtry, averaging 4.9 points per game, came out in the third quarter and nailed four 3-points to score 12 of BC's 25 points. LaChance led the Lancers wtih 18, while Meichtry had his dozen and Nick Olson had 10.
The Central girls are now 7-4 in fourth place behind Sussex Hamilton, Menomonee Falls and DSHA. They are 10-8 overall. East girls remain winless (0-11) in the Greater Metro Conference and they are 3-16 overall.
The Lancer boys are in second (9-3) behind West Allis Central (10-2) and they are 15-5 overall. The Spartans are tied for fifth (5-7) and are 8-11 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Big 4th quarter sparks Brookfield Central victory
- Brookfield Central boys basketball team pulls away in fourth quarter
- Big 4th quarter sparks BC victory
- Central boys pull away in fourth quarter
- Brookfield Central wrestlers defeat Spartans
- Brookfield/Cathoic Memorial Stars split two games on weekend
- Brookfield-Elm Grove sports notes: Dec. 18, 2014
- Smith's basket closes out Brookfield East win over Bulldogs
- Brookfield Academy sports roundup, Dec. 18