Big third quarter sparks Lancers 71-56 win over Bay View
Central wins Luke Homan Memorial Tournament
Brookfield Central doubled up Bay View in the third quarter and rolled to a 71-56 victory on Friday to win the Luke Homan Memorial Holiday Tournament.
Central trailed the Redcats, 34-22, at intermission before the Lancers defense kicked in and Seth Mortag (9 points) and Riley LaChance (8) combined for 17 of their 28 third-quarter points.
The Lancers led, 50-48, going into the final period and then Mortag took over, scoring 13 points as Central rolled over the Redcats, 21-8.
Mortag finished with 29 points and LaChance added 14. Marlon Northern had 16 points, but fouled out with 1:01 left in the third period.
Mortag and LaChance were co-MVPs of the tournament, while Carlin Dupree and Jamal Kern of Bay View, Armilles Terry and Tony Dallman of Hartford and Gregg Pigg of Nicolet rounded out the All-Tournament team.
Hartford beat Nicolet, 54-49, for third place.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Wauwatosa East volleyball season has solid season despite just missing another trip to state
- Brookfield Central's Kennedy proud of football team's effort in winning conference title
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 26, 2015
- Oak Creek girls basketball team pulls away from Brookfield Central in second half
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Brookfield East's Matt Szews named Volleyball Player of the Year, first-team all-state
- Brookfield Academy: Nov. 26, 2015
- Brookfield East girls basketball team starts out 2-0
- Brookfield East soccer team names three senior captains as MVPS