Big third quarter sparks Lancers 71-56 win over Bay View
Central wins Luke Homan Memorial Tournament
Brookfield Central doubled up Bay View in the third quarter and rolled to a 71-56 victory on Friday to win the Luke Homan Memorial Holiday Tournament.
Central trailed the Redcats, 34-22, at intermission before the Lancers defense kicked in and Seth Mortag (9 points) and Riley LaChance (8) combined for 17 of their 28 third-quarter points.
The Lancers led, 50-48, going into the final period and then Mortag took over, scoring 13 points as Central rolled over the Redcats, 21-8.
Mortag finished with 29 points and LaChance added 14. Marlon Northern had 16 points, but fouled out with 1:01 left in the third period.
Mortag and LaChance were co-MVPs of the tournament, while Carlin Dupree and Jamal Kern of Bay View, Armilles Terry and Tony Dallman of Hartford and Gregg Pigg of Nicolet rounded out the All-Tournament team.
Hartford beat Nicolet, 54-49, for third place.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East boys track and field team sends 16 athletes in 10 events to state
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team beats Central, 4-3, using only 3 hits
- Girls track and field: Brookfield East girls send 10 athletes in seven events to state meet
- Germantown softball team rallies to hold off Brookfield Central, 5-3
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central qualifies for Team State
- Softball: Brookfield Central rallies to beat East for regional softball title
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Blue Sox nip Bulldogs, 3-2, in Lakes action
- Girls track and field: Brookfield Central girls track and field team finishes fourth at Hale sectional
- Brookfield Academy: June 2, 2016