Brookfield Central rallied with two minutes left to play and beat a talented West Allis Central team, 52-49, in West Allis Thursday night.
The Lancers improved to 4-0 (5-1 overall), one-half game ahead of Wauwatosa East (3-0, 5-0). The Bulldogs fell to 2-2, 4-3 overall. The game was played tonight because the prestigious Ed Stech Wrestling Tournament is at WAC the next two days.
Najeal McMillian, the Bulldogs star player, put in a rebound shot and was fouled with 2 minutes to play, giving WAC a 48-46 lead and BC called time out.
After the time out, McMillian sank the free throw for a 49-46 lead, but that was the last score for the Bulldogs.
Seth Mortag drove the lane for a score and after the Bulldogs lost the ball, Riley LaChance went inside and banked in a shot for a 50-49 lead with 55.8 seconds left.
The play of the game then occured with LaChance deflected the ball away from Jarvis Garrett, it went to Nick Olson, who then threw a perfect pass to Mortag who was racing down court of the slam dunk and a 52-49 lead with 27.1 to play.
The Bulldogs missed a shot with 15.4 left and then again with 6.8 seconds left to play.
The Lancers led 24-18 at intermission, but WAC cut the lead to 37-34 after three quarters.
LaChance led BC with 17 points, but Matt Lauritzen played a good game and finished with 13 and Mortaag and 12. McMillian led all scorers with 21 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: Oct. 8, 2015
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team second at Gigl Memorial Invite
- Big second half helps Brookfield Central football team defeat Chargers
- Brookfield Central volleyball team goes 2-0, goes on to win Neenah Invite
- Derrick Banks named Brookfield East girls soccer coach
- Brookfield Academy Sports: Oct. 8
- Brookfield East to induct seven into Hall of Fame
- Football: Brookfield East rolls over Menomonee Falls behind Santiago-Lloyd's four touchdowns
- Brookfield East rolls over Falls, 38-0, to clinch playoff berth