Brookfield Central rallied with two minutes left to play and beat a talented West Allis Central team, 52-49, in West Allis Thursday night.
The Lancers improved to 4-0 (5-1 overall), one-half game ahead of Wauwatosa East (3-0, 5-0). The Bulldogs fell to 2-2, 4-3 overall. The game was played tonight because the prestigious Ed Stech Wrestling Tournament is at WAC the next two days.
Najeal McMillian, the Bulldogs star player, put in a rebound shot and was fouled with 2 minutes to play, giving WAC a 48-46 lead and BC called time out.
After the time out, McMillian sank the free throw for a 49-46 lead, but that was the last score for the Bulldogs.
Seth Mortag drove the lane for a score and after the Bulldogs lost the ball, Riley LaChance went inside and banked in a shot for a 50-49 lead with 55.8 seconds left.
The play of the game then occured with LaChance deflected the ball away from Jarvis Garrett, it went to Nick Olson, who then threw a perfect pass to Mortag who was racing down court of the slam dunk and a 52-49 lead with 27.1 to play.
The Bulldogs missed a shot with 15.4 left and then again with 6.8 seconds left to play.
The Lancers led 24-18 at intermission, but WAC cut the lead to 37-34 after three quarters.
LaChance led BC with 17 points, but Matt Lauritzen played a good game and finished with 13 and Mortaag and 12. McMillian led all scorers with 21 points.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Softball: Brookfield Central rallies to beat East for regional softball title
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Blue Sox nip Bulldogs, 3-2, in Lakes action
- Girls track and field: Brookfield Central girls track and field team finishes fourth at Hale sectional
- Brookfield Academy: June 2, 2016
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown
- Youth Baseball: U12 Brewers win 'State Wars' tournament
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016